Angel Chatter Blog
Space Clearing 101 November 14 2018
I've had a few clients in recent days reach out and ask...
How Do I Clear My Space Energetically?
While I coach clients all day long on this very topic and could be another book I was told during meditation this morning to write this in hopes of helping you clear your space and prepare for 2019; The Breakthrough Year.
Why Do Spaces Need Clearing?
I know you clean or have your home cleaned. That is clean. Mr. Clean clean. However, energy is a completely different ball of wax.
Let's make it a bit more abstract. Have you ever avoided a place simply because it didn't feel good? On the flip side, have you flocked to a location simply because it felt yummy?
That's energy. People, buildings, animals and yes the even land hold energy. Who doesn't love feeling clean? Buildings, animals and land are no different and love BEing cleared of what is not serviceable. Think of a building, or any room in a building. It is typically those blessed corners; that stagnant energy is birthed. If left to its own devices the stagnancy builds and creeps into the space that is used. By the time it gets into a space and becomes noticeable, it becomes more difficult clear and to feel good in this space.
How do you know if your space requires clearing? Here are some clues that your space is in need of cleaning:
- It just plain feels yucky
- It has a smell that is not pleasant and no amount of cleaning gets rid of it
- You can't focus, in fact you feel very scattered
- Restless, sleep deprived and yet can't sleep
- Ahem, discussions aka arguments have increased
- Your pets avoid certain parts of your home
And so on.
All of these are lower energy indicators that at minimum have you stuck in your current state of affairs and can certainly lead to worse. Much worse.
Before you go rushing off to various corners to clear, keep in mind that lower/stagnant energy can land in a very prominent area of your home as well. In fact just recently a portal of crap emerged in our home. The location? At the bottom of the stairs leading into the kitchen. This location is like Grand Station; one goes through it several times daily. Therefore, it certainly did not pop up due to lack of energy. But pop up it did.
It smelled. It smelled so bad that a new litter box was purchased (the thinking was the plastic had absorbed the odors over the years) Didn't work. With the wedding, shows, clients, etc. I didn't pay close attention; my bad. So it grew in power and size. Oops.
Don't rush off to buy sage! I don't use it at all these days with the exception of the fire ceremonies with private weekend clients.
Why I do NOT use Sage
We lived in a beautiful home years ago in the Baltimore area. The original house had burned to the ground (first clue we ought not to have taken it). The original owners had divorced, neighbors thought them 'weird', well you get the idea. Luckily for us, we were renting.
From Day One my daughter and I heard voices from the woods behind the house that were shall we say, not pleasant. Neither of us would go out the back willingly at night. I planted crystals in the backyard in hopes to build a wall of energy to prevent the infiltration, but little did we know they were already in the house and deeply embedded.
I was still somewhat green behind the ears and did what I had done before; I saged the house.
The house did feel better; however, only for one or two days at best and then all hell would break loose. Arguments, more voices and getting work done on any level was a nice idea that never happened. Honestly it got worse than that, but won't bore you with the details.
It was then that I learned that sage can feed certain energies. YES, feed.
LUCKILY I had also just created the aromatherapy line and began to implement the energies of the Violet Flame courtesy of the Zadkiel Candle and honestly have not looked back since.
How to Clear your Space
There are many thoughts on space clearing and some situations clearly call for an expert and more tools. However, below is how I operate and it works for us.
First, this is not a ceremony that can be rushed or done in 20 minutes. Allow as much time as needed for your space. Quiet your mind and BEcome centered. If you bring anxiety to the ceremony, you will create more anxiety, etc. Play music, work in silence; whatever is best for you.
- Call on Big Mike to surround you and your space with protective energies.
- Grab two of my candles; Zadkiel for the Transmutative Energies AND another angel candle based on the intention for that space; healing, self love, harmony, etc. Why two? I admit, I'm lazy. IF the angels can work on my behalf while I'm clearing, why not?!
- Start on the top most floor (this includes your attic if accessible)
- Go to the 'far left corner' (this is based on your front door's location).
- Start in the far left corner of that room.
- Light the Zadkiel Candle.
- Light your Intention Candle and place as close as possible in the center of the room.
- Working in a counter clockwise motion. Linger or move as quickly as your soul guides you.
- IF it has been a while since your space has been cleared, open all drawers, closets, cabinetry, etc and clear those as well - lower energies love to hide.
- As you work in a counter clockwise pattern, use your hands, feathers or other tools to direct the Zadkiel candle's energy up, down, etc. It is not silly if you feel guided to do so.
Once that room is complete, repeat the pattern for every other room in your space. Always work in a counter clockwise motion; room to room and within each room.
Why counter clockwise? Think of it as unwinding the energy. Once the top floor is complete, repeat the pattern on any other level, always working downward.
What Kind of Results Can You Expect from Space Clearing?
In a nutshell; pristine, expansive calming and empowering energies.
As an example, years ago one of our daughters was at the beach house ahead of me. She was working on the day I arrived.
WOW I think, she cleaned the house.
I thanked her profusely when she came home. Mom, all I did was clear the space.
It's that powerful.
How Often Do You Need to Clear Your Space?
The answer to that is as varied as all those reading this post.
Company? Clear within 24 hours of their departure.
Client work? Clear weekly at minimum; ideally daily. You and your clients will be giddy.
Holidays? Double up! Before and after company arrivals.
Trauma locally, regionally, nationally, internationally that has affected you? Clear.
Sidebar prior to Space Clearing - Clutter Clearing
I'm a Clutter Clearing Nut so we don't often have loads of stuff to get rid of. However, with multiple moves under our belt, when it is time to clutter clear, this is the practice that works for me:
- Light the Zadkiel candle in the room I am tackling.
- Leave said room for a good 30 minutes or more. As I doing something else in our home, Zadkiel is quick to work and easily begins pointing out the various clothing, decor items, books etc. that need a new home.
Since Zadkiel is metaphorically fluffing up the unwanted energy, it becomes less painful to be rid of articles that are not serving us. I am better able to dis-engage from the emotional tie (grandma gave this to me kind of thing); knowing that I will always love grandma and I don't need it to prove my love for her.
I create a few piles; trash, keep, donate. The donation can also be a sell pile if we are so inclined to make a few bucks. I then make a call to a local donation center for a pick up and since I am still a Good Girl at heart and not desiring to disappoint, there is a pile waiting for them on pickup day.
Once the room is clear of all clutter, I then commence with the Space Clearing. It can frequently lead to wall painting, window cleaning, moving around the decor making the space feel more spacious, welcoming and protected.
Where to start? I start with a quiet room; a room that is not frequently used. That way I can go visit this new yummy energy and it encourages me to continue with the rest of our home.
I hope fervently that this blog has opened your eyes and soul and has prompted you to Clear Your Space!
Guess what? I do NOT smudge! April 11 2017 3 Comments
I do not smudge at all any more. I use to and did for years...until we moved to Baltimore.
Here's the story:
We moved into a 'new' home in the Baltimore area. It was gorgeous. It was nestled in a grove of trees in a very small and homey neighborhood. We were renting, being new to the entire area, we weren't sure where we wished to plop permanently (as you will read, it's a GREAT thing we rented). As a welcome gift, our landlord left us not only a bottle of wine but a rather large smudge stick! Did she know me or what?
Typically, I would have jumped right in to smudge the entire house. The Gang, however, kept me busy doing MANY things; unpacking, getting settled and more. It was months and months before that smudge stick got used.
When I did finally get around to smudging, I followed all the 'rules of engagement':
- Started on the top floor
- Started on the top floor in far left corner
- Worked counter clockwise
- Took my time and lingered when necessary
- Repeated on the next two lower levels (basements count too whether they are finished or not!)
Funny thing happened afterwards. While the house felt GREAT for a day or so, it felt terrible within four days. Yes really terrible.
I let the energy settle and observed.
At that time a 'stray dog' (his term, not ours) came to live with us... a friend of one of our daughters who was very troubled. While his bedroom was in the basement (very nicely furnished by the way), he would report hearing voices and footsteps regularly going past his bedroom door.
Even the cats, Linus and Schroeder, would only go downstairs to use their bathroom and scoot back upstairs as quickly as their cute little bodies would carry them.
I saged again and this time really focused on the basement/lower level.
It got worse. Again. Voices increased, footsteps louder and now it was affecting the entire household. Everyone was getting agitated.
Focusing on anything was next to impossible.
This cycle continued a few more rounds; just had to be sure and up until this adventure, saging had always worked!
Turns out the land was cursed. In fact, if you notice I put the term 'new' in quotes at the top of this post. This is because the first house was built in the 1980s and had burned to the ground. The owner rebuilt it. While is was gorgeous and flowed beautifully, the enery was off. Very off. It was cursed via Native Americans (not sure what tribe, didn't ask). You see, Native Americans hold saging sacred and it enhances their energy and connection to the beyond. So every time I saged, I was literally empowering them!
I saged no more. We left that house within a few months of the AHA and never looked back.
NOW I only use my Sacred Mister, Clearing. This is infused with not only the amethyst crystal, but Archangel Zadkiel's energy which is aligned with the Violet Flame. All transmutative energies. Taking that kaka and putting it back to its original state of purity. Nobody gets empowered in a not so nice way with this baby and ALL feel better! Plug for a product? Sure, but as you hopefully know by now, I believe in the power of each product I create and use them all myself. In fact I'm often their guinea pig!
Please think about how the saging affects you before and afterwards; even a few days or weeks afterwards. Does it still feel yummy? If it does, you are safe. If you feel any of the symptoms above, please discontinue.
As always, I look forward to reading your comments below!
Much love and GREAT clearing!
It's a Balancing Act... March 20 2017 2 Comments
The energy has been all over the map. A great client called it a Mac Truck Hit and Run...she wasn't far off...
Today is the first day of spring and only as you already do... let's bring in a bit more support for all; especially ourselves. Be gentle on yourself. Do those Daily Acts of Self Love ... it was a warning... everything I share with you is not to 'hear myself talk'; it's done with you in mind and only your highest well being, safety (Big Mike for protection), Chamuel for Self Love, Uriel for safety to shine your brightest light
Lower Energies are amping up their power by actually working together... do NOT dabble in this arena... it's not an easy feat nor for the faint of heart... seriously. It's why the Atlantis Pendant is out... so all may benefit from its protective energies...
Here's a list of suggestions that can help you stay true to you and maintain a semblance of balance.
- Lay low when needed and when possible
- Eat HEALTHY foods (comfort food lowers your vibration, no matter how yummy they taste. This of course is null if comfort foods in your world are high energy, high protein; salads, etc.)
- Sleep - get to bed earlier. You can turn the TV off; the world most likely will not end while you sleep
- Use the Sacred Clearing Mister. It's infused with the energies of Violet Flame and will kick out some of the nasty stuff.
- If you are into crystals, and let's face it, who isn't... Here are a couple of recommendations; Rose Quartz - Self Love. Tektites- Protection. Yellow Calcite-Happy Power. Boji Stones-Balance. Let me know below in your comments others you love.
- Use the Sacred Clearing Mister. It's infused with the energies of Violet Flame and will kick out some of the nasty stuff.
- Exercise - makes you feel great and raises your chi
- Yoga - HUGE fan of yoga, but even I chose to miss one class last week due to my energy levels being low
- Walks - fast paced ones to get your heart excited
- Kickboxing or some other form of aerobics - it does feel good to legitimately punch something once in a while
- HOWEVER, and it's a BIG however, don't push yourself beyond your limits. It's one thing to exercise to feel better. It's quite another
- Let me know some of your favorites and why in the comments below.
and remember, we are all in this together and you are safe in our Facebook group. If you are not a member of the group, come and join us!