Angel Chatter Blog
It's Time... for a bit of R&R May 27 2016
Okay, I get it, I'm not the best blogger in the universe. I can be erratic in posting. It's not that I don't care, but like you, my life can be over the top busy. We just finished a run of three expos back to back. WHEW! We really enjoy the shows; I get to see you, some new and some not so new Chatterers. Help to empower others through lectures and private readings.
The Day the Elephant Danced... April 03 2016
I'm sure you've heard of the phrase regarding March's energy...
In like a lamb and out like a lion
This past March lived up to this and more. We had just returned from a show in Charlotte, NC and were visiting my parents for a few days. My dad had scampered off to one of his volunteer jobs in Colonial Williamsburg to give tours. I drove mom to an eye appointment. Honey Guy was working. Upon our return from the eye appointment, dad still wasn't home... rather unusual given the time of day.
Mom checked her messages; dad had a heart attack and was in the hospital.
Turns out the heart attack was a massive one as it took the EMTs over 20 minutes to stabilize him in the ambulance prior to departing for the hospital. Once there, they performed an emergency stent procedure to open up his 'kinked valve'. The next morning dad is giving the nurses dancing lessons in the ICU ward. Yes, literally showing them the steps. He was not only up and walking, but dancing!
Dad is now the Miracle Man in my eyes. While the event was traumatic for us all, it could not have happened in a more fortuitous way:
* Dad was volunteering with EMTs literally blocks from him and not at home by himself
* Mom was oblivious to the situation until it was all cleared saving her from unnecessary stress
* The hospital was waiting for his arrival and were able to act promptly to save his life
The elephant was dancing on dad's chest and he kicked its butt to the curb.
What's the reason I'm sharing all this? Everything DOES happen for a reason; whether we fully understand in that moment or not. Since then, Dad is forced to behave himself and take it easy; no easy feat for a man always on the go. His Elephant Adventure has had a small rippling affect into the family; we are more aware of the food we are consuming and making a concerted effort to exercise more and put self care first.
Most importantly we learned that every day is truly a gift. Cliche? Perhaps, but trust me, you never know what is going to happen the next day, next week, let alone the next hour and how it could change your life forever. Cherish each day. Not crazy about the circumstances or situation? How can you change your energy to alter how you perceive it?
Yup, it does go back to you. How you respond to any situation is how it ultimately affects you. I stayed strong the entire week there. I kept them both busy in a variety of ways; drove Mr. & Miss Daisy to all appointments. Made sure mom did daily self care; massages, walks, even got her to go to the pool to relax. I didn't realize how depleted I was until Honey Guy returned from a week of work that I had my Rock of Gibraltar back and cried to allow myself to be a bit vulnerable and taken care of. We can all benefit from a release, the love and support of another. You don't have to do it alone. Remember that as well please.
Until next time, I promise to start doing these blog posts more often, I wish you a great non-elephant day filled with lots of love, support and joy.
Ba BAM!! January 28 2016
Are you feeling the blessings pouring down too? Does this most recent shift feel like you are being pulled, drained or ....
I know so many of you (and even me to a certain degree) are feeling a tad out of whack; dreams, sleep issues, emotional tug and war, feeling like you have entered a new realm.
Well you HAVE.
The key to slide on through this latest upshift is to stay present. Stay in that alignment of Oneness that is so touted and thrown out there with glee, but no insight as to HOW.
Here's what you can do...
* SLEEP when you can
* NO ALCOHOL - as tempting as it may be to dull senses. It will only set you back at present time
* NO WHITE - as in sugar, flour, etc. at the very least cut waaaay back. This too dulls the senses and makes those emotions heightened
* PAMPER - yes PAMPER .. do something for yourself DAILY. It could be sitting on your front porch for a breather, call a friend - no whining zone, but simply to chat. Find a FUN topic and go from there, Bubble Bath, I know those of you that know are hardly surprised by this one, but I tell ya, there is nothing like a luxurious bubble bath to help to detox the mind, body and soul while giving back while relaxing!
* MEDITATE - this is an obvious choice, but oh so difficult to do in the 'midst' of it all, isn't it? More imperative than ever to connect to the angels, source, and the universe.
* ENERGY CLEAR your space - many of you know I'm not a huge fan of sage (can annoy certain energies and make them stronger. I know from personal experience). Incense of choice, Clearing Sacred Mister (yes a shameless plug, but only because it works), Candles (yes same plug, OR infuse your candle with HIGH energies)
* MOVE as in walking, yoga, dancing, jogging. Anything to get your body going. This helps to release endorphins that make you feel so much better.
It's all good. Take a deep breath. Exhale. Repeat as often as necessary.
Meanwhile, chat with the entire gang - for each person is experiencing something different, so this is not a 'One Angel Fits All' Scenario. The angels will and are responding to all of the '911' pleas; just hush so you can hear them.